Error 0x800ccc92 is mainly related to Microsoft Outlook and generally influences the working of it. It restricts the user from accessing the email account and sending any email to another email address. This error can also be flagged like ‘Receiving reported error’ message on the screen.
The explanation for this error code
This error code appears if:
- The password entered by you on the login screen is incorrect.
- Incorrect settings of email configured on MS Outlook.
- PST file size exceeded beyond a certain limit.
- If the POP3 or SMTP protocol is not running properly, you will get the message on the screen.
- If you close the Outlook directly from the screen without implementing the steps.
- Any virus or malware is available in the device from which you are accessing the email.
Troubleshooting error 0x800ccc92
There are two methods to troubleshoot Error 0x800ccc92. The first one is using the manual method and another one is installing the app.
- If the username and password entered by you are not correct, then error will appear. If you forgot the password, then click on ‘Forgot password’ link. You will receive the password reset link on the secondary email address through which you can set a new password and confirm it by entering twice.
- Go through and check the settings related to the POP3 or IMAP account type. Any settings if done without your consent may create an issue. You can contact experts and get the settings done online through phone support.
- As discussed earlier, the main reason for getting error 0x800ccc92 is exceeded PST file size. If you have added a PST file having more than defined size, then the error may appear. You won’t be able to send or receive any new mail. Go through the below-mentioned steps to resolve the problem
- Split the PST file.
- Archive file.
- Compact it by compressing through the file compressor folder.
- Delete all items from the ‘Deleted Items’ folder.
- There is a built-in tool available named ‘Scanpst.exe’ which helps in fixing the error from the SBCGlobal screen.
In some cases, if the above mentioned manual method doesn’t work for you, you can try the third-party tool to resolve error from screen.
Kernel for PST Outlook repair
There is a tool available online on the different web pages through which you can remove the error from screen. The Kernel repair tool is available online. You can download and install it. This is renowned tool for removing the error due to its accuracy in data results and transparency in the repairing process. You can perform the below-mentioned operations on the tool.
- Deleted files.
- Calendar items.
- The email with an attachment.