Using any email is quite easy on the iPhone because of the smooth and intuitive interface it offers. You can use any email, let it be a free email service like Gmail, Yahoo and Windows Live email or a paid email service such as SBCglobal email login, Roadrunner email, and Bellsouth email.
If you happen to use SBCGlobal email and want to use it on your iPhone, then you can certainly do that. If you have been using the email on iPhone, but not being able to use it properly, then you need to identify the problem(s) that are not letting you access your SBCGlobal email on iPhone.
Let’s delve into the common problems that people face while accessing SBCGlobal email on iPhone.
Problem 1: Unable to connect using SSL
If you are facing this problem, then you must have received an error message on the screen. This error occurs when you try to set up your email on the iPhone using SSL settings. Here is how you can fix the problem:
- Since this problem occurs at the time of setting up the email, so whenever you come to the step of using ‘SSL’, you need to tap ‘No’. Once you do so, tap ‘Save’.
- Now, you will have to select the email account that you want to set up, and then tap ‘SMTP’ from the list of options.
- Tap the option labeled as ‘Primary Server’.
- Turn on ‘SSL settings’ followed by tapping ‘Server Port’ to switch the port number to ‘465’. After that, tap ‘Done’.
- You need to select ‘AT&T SMTP Server’ now followed by tapping ‘OFF’ to turn on the server. After that, you need to tap ‘Done’.
- Tap ‘Account Info’ followed by ‘Advanced Option’.
- Turn on the option labeled as ‘Incoming use of the SSL settings’.
- Tap ‘Account Info’ and then, tap ‘Done’.
Problem 2: Change port settings on Apple iPhone
When choosing the port number at the time of setting up the iPhone, you need to consider a few things such as the firewall installed on the phone as well as service providers. These things will decide whether the port settings you have used will allow you to send and receive emails or not.
Here is how you can change the port settings on Apple iPhone:
- Go to ‘Settings’ of your iPhone’.
- Tap ‘Contacts, Calendars and Emails’ now.
- Change the email account by tapping on the same.
- Tap ‘SMTP’ option followed by selecting ‘SMTP Server’, which you wish to change.
- Tap the correct server port field followed by entering a value in SMTP port, which could be ‘25’, ‘80’, ‘3535’. You can also enter ‘465’ if the SSL settings are already enabled.
If these aforementioned steps help you with the problems you are facing while accessing SBCGlobal email on iPhone, then that’s great, but if you are still facing the same problems, then you will have to contact at SBCGlobal customer service. They will be able to help you out in the most comprehensive way.