We all know that you can now access the same SBC email help which you can access from the computer earlier from the android device even. However, there are some Android users who are getting problem in accessing it and getting ‘Wrong email password’ message on the screen. Some of them are wondering to know the quick solution to this problem. In this post, we are going to discuss the steps for fixing the ‘Wrong email password’ problem.
There are 5 different ways to get rid of this problem. You can try anyone out of these and check if the problem has been resolved or not. After implementing the steps if you find any problem, you can contact email experts.
1st Method: Verify recent activity of your device: To check the recent activity, go to SBCGlobal email settings from your android device and check the list of activities currently running on it.
- Go to the ‘Security’ option from the SBCGlobal main page.
- Tap the‘ Recent Activity’ option.
- Open the ‘Devices and activity’ section of the account.
- If you report any unusual activity or process, then check and authenticate it.
2nd Method: Incorrect email password: If the password you are entering on an android device doesn’t match with the one you enter on a computer or laptop, then you will get ‘Wrong email password’ error message on screen. Try entering the password again.
3rd Method: Log out of the account from PC
- The SBCGlobal email if signed in from the computer must be signed-out for a while. Try accessing the account again from the android device individually. Sometimes accessing the same account from multiple devices may create a problem. The verification code if mismatched with the device may create a problem.
- It is recommended to sign-out from the devices before signing-in from the Android smartphone. Launch email app on smartphone and login with the default username and password.
4th method: Disable 2-step verification: Follow the below mentioned steps to disable 2-step verification.
- Login to the account.
- Click on the top corner of the page where the username or the hamburger icon is available.
- Go to ‘Account settings’ followed by SBCGlobal ‘Advanced’ option.
- Click on ‘2-step verification’.
- Click ‘Disable’ to stop 2-step verification.
5th Method: Generate password
- Login to the SBCGlobal email from your smartphone browser.
- You will be asked to enter the captcha. Check the captcha carefully before entering it.
- Generate a password of your choice in the next window. Wait for 2 minutes and try to login with the new password.
This is all about the process of removing the ‘Wrong email password’ error from the SBCGlobal email Support screen. If the error still continues, then you can contact the email experts.