You can now enjoy the leading email service ‘SBC Global’ on your Droid and HTC phone by configuring it with simple and easy steps. You can set up Att.net email on your HTC phone if you have a valid email account on AT&T communications.
The steps are basic and same for all HTC models. To change settings from the phone, you have to go to SBCGlobal mail settings of your account. After configuring it successfully, you can start reading and composing the email.
- Open settings from your phone by unlocking the home screen.
- Go to ‘Applications’ and click on ‘Email’ from the list of apps.
- Enter the email address along with @SBC.net as a suffix.
- Enter the password for the email address.
- Tap ‘Next’ to go to the next menu.
- Go to ‘SBCGlobal’ mail from a list of email service providers.
Important: It is important to mention here that in Droid phone, you can operate only one account at a time. If you have already configured an email account on the phone, then first delete that account, then setup SBCGlobal mail.
To delete the existing account from the phone, you have to follow certain steps which are mentioned here as under:
- Enter the complete email address of the account you want to delete.
- Enter the password to authenticate the identity.
- Enter the email address in the server address box.
- Go to ‘Next’ window by pressing the ‘Continue’ option.
- Tap ‘Delete’ to delete the account. After this, finish the process by clicking ‘Exit’ screen option.
This is how you can configure SBCGlobal email account and remove the existing account from the Droid phone. If you are using an HTC phone and want to configure the same mail on it, then the steps are bit different and are discussed here as under:
- Go to the ‘Grid’ icon from the home screen of your phone and click on the ‘Email’ app.
- Enter ‘SBCGlobal’ email username followed by email address.
- Enter the password you used to login to the account.
- Set POP3 server account and enter relevant information in the boxes.
- In the incoming server: enter username and email address.
- If prompted for a password, enter the same password and select 995 as the port number for the incoming mail server.
- To select the security, click SSL for incoming server account.
- Click ‘Next’. This will save the information and you will be directed to the Outgoing server address field.
- Enter SMTP information for outgoing server fields. You have to enter smtp.sbcglobal.com in the server address.
- For port number, you need to enter 465.
- Enter ‘Next’.
- Once you click on ‘Next’ you will find ‘Congratulations’ message on the screen. You can add additional information if you want in the next step.
- Click to ‘Save’ the information. If you have any problem, then you can read on-screen instructions from the SBC Global page.