Some people use Gmail for their business account as well as for all financial transactions related statements so they don’t want to open any other email account again and again on their personal devices like computer or smartphone. If you are also from the same category and want to forward the email from SBCGlobal account to the Gmail, then keep reading the steps given on the page. In case of any problem or further information, feel free to contact email support experts. They will let you know as to why you are getting problem in forwarding the email from SBCGlobal to Gmail.
Do you wish to receive the SBCGlobal emails on your business email account which you have maintained on Google? If yes, then let’s find out the ways by which you can forward the email from SBCGlobal to Gmail account address. When the addressee sends any email, it will auto-redirect to Gmail inbox without manipulating any contents of that email.
SBCGlobal email service is provided by AT&T Communications Company to all those users who have subscribed to any service of the company. This email service no doubt caters to the demands of almost 70% of email users. Still, there are some who are efficient in using Gmail so, they want to redirect the emails receiving on SBCGlobal to Gmail. Keeping their interest on priority, we are now going to discuss the steps for forwarding the email to the Gmail inbox. You must pay close attention to each and every step.
Steps for email-forwarding
After enabling email forwarding feature on SBCGlobal account, there is no need to login to the account again and again for receiving the new messages. Everything will be done automatically. You just need to check the inbox folder of Gmail.
- Go to ‘SBCGlobal’ email settings from the login page of account.
- Click on the ‘POP and forwarding email’ option given under ‘Preferences’.
- Enable email forwarding and enter details of your Gmail account address. Enter complete address along with domain name.
- You will be asked to enter the port number for an email account.
- Check the port number online from Google website and enter it as it is.
- Verify the details and after that click ‘Save’ to apply the changes for the future.
- You will get a verification code on the Gmail account, enter that code in the SBCGlobal screen and press ‘Submit’. As soon as the code gets verified, you will find ‘Successfully saved’ message on the screen.
- Tap ‘Done’ to close the current window and go back to the login page.
Check whether the settings are properly configured or not by sending the test mail from alternate email address. If you receive that mail in the Gmail account, this means the account is successfully forwarded. If not, check the steps again and identify the cause of the problem. If you have left any step in-between, you will find a problem later on. Go to the ‘Gmail SPAM’ folder and check if you are receiving new mails in that folder. For this, you have to report to Gmail support and help to raise the issue.