The idea behind transferring the messages from SBCGlobal email to the hard drive is to protect the data from being deleted or hacked by the online attackers. If there are some important attachments or data available in any message in the inbox folder of SBCGlobal account, then follow the steps to copy the data from email to external hard drive. You can keep the data on your hard drive as long as you want. For further information or support in this regard, you can contact SBCGlobal experts.
We always save those projects and documents in the external hard drive which we think are useful in the future. If there are some emails which you want to store in an external drive, then pay kind attention to the content of this post. The email service which we are talking about is ‘SBCGlobal email’. If you have configured this email in outlook program, there is a direct option available with which you can transfer all messages in a single go.
To begin with, copy all the contents you want to transfer to the hard drive from SBCGlobal account. Make one folder and paste it over there. You can name a folder as ‘Business’ if you are using the email for business purpose. Another point to discuss here is that if you have not added your account in the outlook program, add it in another program. If you want to know about the steps for transferring the content from the inbox to the folder, get in touch with the experts.
Now coming to the steps, for transferring the inbox content to the external hard drive, you will have to follow the steps in the same order.
- Open ‘SBCGlobal’ email from the email client program like ‘Outlook’.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and click on ‘Import and export’ option.
- Go to ‘Export’ menu to start exporting the files to the new folder.
- Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.
- Create a file with.PST extension. After creating this file go to the next page.
- If you want to select the complete folder, then select ‘Inbox’. The folder with name ‘Inbox’ will be saved in ‘Sub-folder’ menu.
- Attach the external hard drive to the computer and select ‘Drive’ from my computer if this doesn’t open automatically.
- Select the folder or create a new to copy the data to it. The recommended name for such kind of data is ‘Backup’.
- Tap finish once the transferring gets over. You can also protect the data so that it won’t be opened by anyone else from the hard drive. For this, encrypt the data with the password. Each time you open the folder, you will require a password to open it.
- Click ‘Finish’.
Create an archive folder on your computer desktop and transfer it to the external device using windows file explorer. Here drag and drop function are also accessible. Just drag the file from the source and drop it to the destination folder.