It may take a couple of minutes to set up an email or ages, depending upon how you are setting up the email and which steps you are following for the same. In case, you want to set up SBCGlobal email on Mac OS Lion, but are not working due to any reason, then you should keep reading the post till the end.
Mac OS Lion is an incredible operating system that is currently being used on many Apple MacBooks. The OS was launched a couple of years ago, and it has become immensely popular with the users. Working on Mac OS Lion is a pleasurable experience for users due to its fast response and excellent performance. The operating system comes with all the features that you need for smooth and uninterrupted computing. The default email app has also been revamped with new features to give people a better experience in terms of email. However, some users are facing issues while setting up their SBCGlobal email on this new Mac OS Lion. If you too are dealing with the same problem, then you can follow below-mentioned steps to fix the problem.
Steps to fix ‘SBCGlobal email not working on Mac OS Lion’ problem:
- The process starts with removing the current email account from the email app.
- Now, you will have to go to the ‘Settings’ of the Apple email app.
- In the ‘Settings’ menu, you will come across a number of options, but make sure to choose ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ followed by choosing ‘Accounts’ option.
- From the list of account types that you see on the screen, select the ‘Add account’ option.
- Click the ‘Other’ option, which is going to open a new account form. Then, you need to select ‘Add email account’ option.
- In the ‘Email’ field, you will need to enter your ‘SBCGlobal email’ and its password in the ‘Password’ field.
- You will also find the ‘Description’ column where you can write a short description of the email, which is an optional thing. Once you are done writing the description, tap ‘Next’.
- Now, you need to select the ‘POP’ option at the top of the page.
- Enter the values in the fields you see on the screen such as hostname, where you will have to enter ‘inbound.att.net’, in the username field, enter your ‘SBCGlobal email address and in the password field, the password of your SBCGlobal email.
- Click ‘Next’ and you will be directed to outgoing email server form.
- Enter values in ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ fields provided in the ‘outgoing email server’ form. You need to enter the ‘SBCGlobal email address’ in ‘Username’ field and your SBCGlobal email password in ‘Password’ field. There will be a domain field, where you will have to enter ‘outbound.att.net’.
- Click ‘Save’ to save all the settings.
In case, the problem of ‘SBCGlobal email not working on Mac OS Lion’ doesn’t solve after following the steps, you can contact at SBCGlobal customer service.