The SBCGlobal mail has been used by businessmen and individuals for sending and receiving important files and documents. It has become an important part of one’s life. If it stops working, the whole communication process gets affected. There are some advertisement companies and intruders who keep on sending the irrelevant or flash messages in order to get the account and other personal information from the email user.
If you are wanting to stop receiving the phishing or irrelevant mails on your SBC Global email account, then you can follow the steps mentioned here on the page. To implement the steps, you must read them carefully.
- Block particular email address: If you are receiving the email from same email address again and again, then the best way to get rid of mails from same email address is to block that address through following steps.
- Log in to the email account and click on ‘Gear icon’.
- From here, go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Email addresses’.
- Click on the ‘Blocked email addresses’ option.
- Enter the email address you want to block in the space provided.
- You will now stop receiving the messages from blocked email address. If you want, you can unblock it in the future.
- Unblocking the address: While blocking the address, if you have blocked the important email address as well, then you can unblock it through below-mentioned steps.
- Open ‘Banned’ email address.
- You will find a list of email addresses that are blocked.
- Click to highlight the particular email.
- Click ‘Remove’ to delete the address from the blocked list. You will now start receiving the emails from an unblocked email address in the inbox folder of SBCGlobal account.
Additional information: Besides the above-mentioned steps, there is some additional information about your SBCGlobal email account that you must know.
- When you unblock any email address, the messages received earlier from the same email address will no longer remain available in the inbox folder of your account, not even you can retrieve from servers of SBCGlobal mail.
- If you block any email address, the messages from the same will not get received in the inbox, spam and trash folder of your account. You will receive the messages from valid accounts only on a daily basis.
- If after blocking the email address, you still find a new message from the same email address, then there is a need to pay attention. You need to check if your account has been compromised or not. Check if someone else in your family is using the same email account. The following indications are signs of hacked account:
- Messages from an unknown sender.
- No new emails from valid or right email accounts.
- Login issues like password problem, username or email address problem.
With these steps, you can prevent getting spam emails or the emails that are not useful to you in your SBC mail.