This page will be proven helpful for all those who are using iPhone 6 and facing problem in accessing the email with IMAP or POP server settings. If you are getting any particular error code on the screen, then share the same screenshot with experts. They will solve the problem instantly and quickly.
If you have landed on this page, then you are definitely getting problem in accessing the SBCGlobal email on iPhone 6 model using IMAP/POP settings. Don’t worry, we are going to share some simple and easy steps for the same.
Have you installed email app on your iPhone or is pre-installed in it? If yes, then you can easily use your email for sending and receiving messages through the iPhone. We are talking of SBCGlobal email service here. After configuring, we all know we can start using the email without any problem. However, no software is free from glitches, bugs and errors are always available. To fix these bugs, you need expert advice or on-screen steps which are available here on this page.
The steps which we are going to share with you are general and basic and will work on even other models as well so, you can apply the same steps on iPhone 5, 7 and 8 even.
- Before fixing the problem, you must ensure proper internet connection on your device. You can connect the phone either wirelessly or through wired Ethernet cable.
- Open website from the phone browser and check whether the network is working or not.
- Go to outbox folder of your email and check if any email is available in the outbox folder or not.
Solutions for an individual email account on iPhone 6
- Check the server settings carefully by implementing the steps which are given below:
- Open ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘Mail, contacts and calendar’ menu.
- Click ‘Email accounts’.
- Select ‘SBCGlobal’ and verify the login details.
- Scroll down to the bottom to check the list of email accounts.
- Go to ‘Outgoing mail server settings’ option from here and click on ‘Right arrow’ given at the end of the SMTP server option.
- You are now taken to the SSL settings section. Enable SSL for incoming as well as for the outgoing server.
- Authentication must be set to ‘Password’.
Don’t forget to check the server information from the given page.
- Hostname: Name of the server.
- Username: Email address along with the domain name i: e, SBCGlobal.
- Server port: You have to enter the port number for incoming as well as for outgoing servers.
- Password: It is the same as the one you use to login to the account from other devices.
- If one port is not working, you can try an alternative port and check if the problem is resolved or not.
- Log out of the account and sign-in from one device at a time. This may solve the problem.
- Close mail app.
This will solve the mail problem on iPhone 6. If you are still having trouble, you can share the experience online on a forum.